Friday, 30 October 2015
Wednesday, 28 October 2015
A bunch of ‘ghostbusters’ gathered at the Olde Plough this lunchtime for a special lunch of either Somerset pork, homity pie or stuffed squid(!), followed by lemon syllabub.
This was followed by an illustrated talk by Robert Hesketh on ‘Haunted Inns of Devon’, containing many interviews with people connected with the hostelries, detailing supernatural incidents. These stories were collected by him during his travels.
Monday, 26 October 2015
Thursday, 22 October 2015
Wednesday, 21 October 2015
Monday, 19 October 2015
Sunday, 18 October 2015
Why is the Rubber Band from Calstock so popular? Because it provides a variety of songs, from the quirky to Cornish tunes and on to favourite standards, all with a panache that emanates from a variety of musicians and instruments - how many bands nowadays have a tea chest bass? Also featured in the line-up are keyboards, saxophone, trombone, tuba, xylophone, several accordions and various percussion items!
The Band returned to a packed Club last night with an evening of entertainment for nearly everyone, ably led by Rosie Fierek.
Saturday, 17 October 2015
Revised 21st October
- How happy would you be to get some more cash just in time for Christmas?
- Enjoying FREE video calls and chat with your family & friends anytime and anywhere.
- Exploring a whole new world from the comfort of a chair, making new friends and having fun doing it.
FREE ‘Boost your Life with the Power of Online’ classes
Yes, that’s right. 100% FREE. For you. For your friends. For your family.
Everyone is welcome.
Learn how to:
- sell on eBay and turn your unwanted items into cash.
- save money shopping online.
- buy your weekly/monthly groceries online, delivered straight to your door.
- use Skype for free video calls & chats with your friends & family wherever they are in the world.
- research and book holidays online.
- find out more about the things that interest you.
- use social media.
- do online banking.
- …and anything else you want to learn about. Suggestions welcome.
Classes will be held at the BFS Club every Tuesday night from 8 'til 9pm starting on 17th November
At the end of each class, if you want to show a token of appreciation for what you have learned, please feel free to make a donation. 100% of all monies will go to the Bere Ferrers Villagers’ Group to be used on community projects.
PS: Bring your enthusiasm, your ideas and a sense of humour and let’s have fun while we learn. To register your interest: